This Page

has been moved to new address

March Style Tips

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: March Style Tips

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Style Tips


  • Spring might finally be in the air, and spring makes me think of the color sage! Find a few sage accents (not mint mind you) and add them to your favorite pink, lilac, white, brown, or blue coordinates.

  • March is also the month of the windy and suddenly chilly weather (especially here in new England), and scarves are a great edition to any outfit. Soft fluffy ones, or one that are flannely and making you feel like you never got out of bed.

  • Start seeds inside, preferably something easy like marigolds. As a child I always used paper egg cartons. When the weather is warmer, you can plant them outside.

  • Try switching the shape of your nails. If you usually file them oval, go square. If you usually choose square, go oval. If you're a 'squoval' type then decided already! ;)

  • If you decide to go with wearing scarves, take some of the weight off your hair and show off a hint of neck: a super-high, puffy bun or a faux bob is just the thing. Dust the bones at the base of your neck with a little hilighting powder or subtle shimmer in your preferred color.

  • Cardigans! As spring comes and then falters, I love cardigans - layered over blouses as an extra pop of color. This one by Wonder Rocket (an adorable mori brand) is both sweet and fairly affordable at 3,900 yen. And it's sage!

  • Start collecting eyelashes if you haven't already! I had to get a case for mine recently because I've been getting new pairs (the photo on the top is my new favorite pair ♥). Surprisingly, Bodyline has quite a few cute ones. These piece-y ones ($3!) look like the lashes on Raggedy Ann or a bisque doll to me. If you want to store them in an easy and cute way, check out Violet's eyelash-container-turned-cake tutorial!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At March 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Marchii said...

Any tip for a really cold and humid weather? :3

 
At March 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger ~NiKi~ said...

I loved the tutorial of the case!!

 
At March 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your star lashes :3

 
At March 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Marchii: Cold AND humid? I don't know, I've never experienced that before!

 
At March 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Hello Naka said...

the lashes are great ^^

 
At March 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger POODUM said...

Adorable lashes! Great tips too!

 
At March 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Violet LeBeaux said...

I so love your lashes here, the little stars totally suit your personality :D
Thank you so much for linking my tutorial too! LOVE<3

 
At March 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cardigans year round, everyday!

 
At March 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Sophia Alexandra said...

I Like the high bun I think its really cute to bad my hairs short... :(

 
At March 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Mykki said...

Cool tips. I love the color of sage!

 
At March 4, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Melody said...

So, I'm just going to talk about your hair for a minute. :P

Did you just bleach out the roots and you're leaving them for a while? I dig that look, myself, I love how fluffy pale my hair is when I first do my roots.

I just cut bangs and I have discovered the wondrous joy of headbands to hide roots in pink hair. :D

 
At March 4, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Melody: haha I love talking about my hair XD

Basically I bleached my roots out and left them white, and added a few white hilights to my hair, which tinted pink in the shower.

Yes, headbands! Or traditional headdresses too, and noooo more roots! ♥

 
At March 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was contemplating getting those lashes, but I wanted to make sure they looked as good on as in product photos. Now where's my credit card? :D

 
At March 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@corvidasnet: the ones I am wearing on from PrettyandCute.com by the way, not Bodyline! If you want these exact ones.

 
At March 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Happiimilk said...

Yes yes! I want those star lashes. I've seen them several times now!! *-* Perfect for spring time! I love lashes that have unessecary stuff on them. x3

And the high bun idea isn't bad. Usually, if I am going out and I know it will be warm, I put my hair up in a hairbow. (Takes me 45 minutes to get it right but it looks so Minnie mouse.)

 
At March 10, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh those eyelashes are so adorable. I've never used false eyelashes myself, but you've tempted me so!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home