This Page

has been moved to new address

Reader Appreciation Sunday, 1/16/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Reader Appreciation Sunday, 1/16/11

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reader Appreciation Sunday, 1/16/11


Welcome to this week's Reader Appreciation Sunday! If you're not sure what this feature is, check out last week's - it was the first time it appeared on Lolita Charm! This week reader blog spotlight is...

The Elegant Wardrobe

I found this reader blog from last week's popular guide to better blogging, where many girls were sharing their blogging efforts! This week's blog is written by Kat, a lolita from Pennsylvania, USA. As her comment on 10 Tips for Better Blogging says:

My blog is meant to be somewhere I can direct people to in my lolita fashion panels at cons, but I've been trying to write on things that new lolitas don't really need to know about but are just interesting for me to write about.

A really great idea, to have a go-to to direct your panel audience to if they have any more questions! Her blog tends more to the informative, making it a great resource with good, toothsome reading (and by toothsome I mean articles to sink your teeth into - no fluff!) One of my favorite articles is her guide to attending cons in lolita - especially useful considering her audience, people directed from her panels. Cons are such a unique part of lolita culture, I'd love to see more written about them and their part in the lolita experience.



I also have several favorite reader comments this week! From 10 Tips for Better Blogging:

Creator_Chaos: 

I was taught "nitch." I wonder if it's a regional thing? After all, you're up north and I'm down south...

With Miss Lumpy's series on blogging and now this, I'm giving serious thought to wading into the blogging world myself, particularly when I go off to college next year. (I wouldn't torture myself with the slow internet I have now!) So thank you for this post, I really feel that I'm being pushed to say something in the blogosphere.

Also, a little something I noticed: you rarely curse, so it was super effective when you did in this. XD Like, "I want my father back you son of a bitch!"
She gets a bonus ten points for her Princess Bride movie reference! And for encouraging me to curse when I am emphatic! 


And from Macoto's Princesses:

Morbid March Hare:
Wow the artwork of Macoto Takahashi looks beautiful, wish I had read his version of fairytales when I was younger, the art seems perfect for those stories. Nice to know I'm not the only adult who still holds some children's books close to the heart, it's true that helped shaped us to be who we are. I still have some of mine, whilst others have been rebrought.
Nice blog piece here.

I've deeply loved my children's books and still have most of them, and I love hearing that other people do this too! I encourage everyone to go out today and pick up a beautifully illustrated children's book. Much more relaxing to read before bed than a thriller!


I have another 'Reader Appreciation', but it's big enough to be a full article, so it will air later this week! I'm really excited for it, I hope it will do justice to the lovely girl who emailed me! 



And a special reader appreciation this week to all of the readers of Lolita Charm! This morning marks the 1,400 follower for LC! Thank you so much for reading, I hope reading these little pieces makes your day a little brighter!


with bunny-nose kisses,


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home