This Page

has been moved to new address

Cute Embroidery

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Cute Embroidery

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cute Embroidery

One of my favorite crafting hobbies to do is embroidery, particularly cross-stitch and simple outline embroidery. For a simple project, I like to find patterns at my local craft store. On a recent trip, however, I felt pretty let down by the selection: my few choices were either American flags emblazoned with eagles, 'Oriental' ladies with tigers, or the kind of wolves usually screenprinted onto t-shirts. Not exactly the romantic and sweet fare I'd been picturing for a leisure activity! Even the unicorns managed to look a little trailer park for my tastes. What I really wanted was a few lolita-worthy but doable dose of cuteness.

That's when I found this downloadable Japanese crafting magazine, titled simply 'Cute Embroidery'. Here's a sample of some of the patterns found inside:





This magazine contains several embroidery patterns, both line design and cross-stitch, including a cross-stitch initial alphabet. There are also a few easy projects to make with your finished embroidery, such as a cell phone case and coin purses, as well as the usual (but indispensable in summer!) handkerchief and herbal sachets. If you're new to embroidery, fear not! This magazine includes step-by-step photography instructions to complete any of the stitches you'll find in the designs, such as French knots, blanket stitch applique edging, and a padded satin stitch.



Stitch Idees (Vol. 11, samples shown above) is another Japanese embroidery magazine available for download. Less for the beginner and more challenging, this magazine provides an array of projects and patterns suitable for sweet lovers as well as classic lolitas or those more inclined to natural-kei or morigirl style. Lace cutwork collars, 3D satin-stitched pillboxes, and fairytale-like traditional cross-stitch patterns of red birds adorn the pages. Some of these projects may be hard to discern from the Japanese pages if you're not familiar with advanced embroidery such as Hardanger, ribbonwork, or beadwork.

I'm thinking of embroidering a handkerchief with the pink ribbon an a fanciful V initial for an easy lazy summer day project! What sweet style item would you like to work on?

Download both embroidery magazines here at Tokyo Jam, along with oodles of other Japanese crafting magazines!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At June 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to check those out! I'd like to make a blouse with cute detailing on the collar and pocket, or a skirt with a large focal detail. Embroidery would also look cute on one of those wide flat head-dresses.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Hannah Whittingham said...

Omigooosh! Thanks for the link!
I've never done embroidery before, but it's always seemed like such cute craft to do.

Thanks for the link! I'll defiantly have to give it a go! :]

 
At June 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Iris said...

Ohh, I love all cute embroidery and now I want make some:3! Thanks for the link, it`s amazing<3!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Meg Wesley said...

I love the embroidery of the flowers. I recently finished a small sampler and I love it. The only problem is that I can't figure out what else to embroider. Any tips?

 
At June 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Mademoiselle Parapluie said...

What a lovely tip. I do some cross sticting and this summer I'll be starting to ddo some silk ribon embroidery.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger ChaoticOasis said...

The Cute Embroidery files aren't opening for me :( I keep getting redirected.

I've always loved the idea of embroidering since watching Kamikaze Girls years ago :) I really want to make a handkerchief with some cute flowers or something :)

 
At June 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Mykki said...

"Even the unicorns managed to look a little trailer park for my tastes."

Screw you, I live in a trailer park. They're not ALL trashy and rundown dumps, you know?

 
At June 23, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Christine said...

how cute! I really like the first once :D

 
At June 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Anne with an e said...

I like the one w/ the strawberries and forget-me-nots...it looks like the kind of nature drawings I'd doodle in my notebook <3

 
At June 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger caro-chan said...

@_@ This is adorable! I'm going to download this right away! I haven't done embroidery since I was... about 10, but I have always been wanting to get back into it! And these looks o cute and just so simple that I really think I could manage them!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute ^__^ I've been itching to learn to embroider but I couldn't find the time (finally its summer!) So thank you for sharing such a great find ~ I want to decorate some clothes I hope to make.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger ichigo hime said...

That's so cute! Thanks for sharing! ♥ I love cross stitch and I'm looking forward to learn different types of wmbroidery, so it's very useful to me :)

 
At June 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@akumaxkami: I'm sorry I offended you with my mention of trailer parks. It was not my intention.

Meg Wesley: Tiny samples could be made into pillows, or stitch a small design onto a cloth tote bag. The Stitch Idees volume really has some great examples of easy projects! One reader suggested adding detail to a plain blouse collar.

ChaoticOasis: Sometimes the Cute Embroidery needs to be re-downloaded. My first download didn't work either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home