This Page

has been moved to new address

British Tartan Princess

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: British Tartan Princess

Sunday, March 20, 2011

British Tartan Princess

Yumetenbo has taken over my wardrobe. I just can't get enough, I'm always checking it for new things (I have a shipment of shoes coming...be afraid!). But instead of using these items in a gyaru way, I mostly incorporate them into my lolita wardrobe. Case in point: I received my new spring trench coat today and immediately knew it'd make an adorable lolita coordinate! (You may remember it from my March Style Tips collage!)


DreamV/Yumetenbo is really a great company - I ordered this a few days before the tsunami and earthquake struck, and I still received it on time (they're also based out of Osaka, farther from the disaster area). I always get my clothing from them in record time, often less than a full week (7 days).

I love this light-weight coat, the style is very cute! I added a photo from the back to show you the bow detail! This coat is really more of a dress-coat, the fabric is very soft and very lightweight - the light shines through it from behind. Still I think it's just the thing to pop on over an otherwise plain outfit, as it's an outfit almost all on its own. Its light fabric will make it great for sudden rainy spring and summer days, when New England goes haywire and plunges from 85 to 45 within days.

I wanted to make sure this outfit said lolita rather than gyaru, so I skipped the teased curls and instead chose a large bouffant style bun inspired by some looks Misako Aoki has done. (Yes, my hair is dyed brown... I'm still missing my pink hair, but I think it's a nice switch for now!) Then I made sure that the rest of the outfit was framed with lolita touches - the glittery pink tweed ruffle of the BABY skirt peeking out, lace cuffs and collar, and a pearl-studded bow, also from BABY. The gold buttons on the jacket also pick up the gold chain on the bag, a very true gold, butter cookie tone which I love - it's so refreshing after America's fascination with 'gunmetal' metallics.


Outfit Credits

Skirt, bow, teddy bear bag charm: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes: Harajuku Lovers
Blouse, socks: Angelic Pretty
Coat, bag: DreamV

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home