This Page

has been moved to new address

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Spring Fashions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Spring Fashions

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Spring Fashions



Baby honestly does some of the most magical fashion shows for the lolita world I have ever seen. Their show pieces, music choice, and themes are so fairytale like and beautiful. It's shows like these that remind that Baby will always be the cradle of lolita fashion to me. Whenever I visit their website, they seem so lackluster, but the items I see them producing and other people wearing are stellar examples of sweet lolita done with a very delicate and innocent style.

Some upcoming spring trends from Baby this year spotted in the show:
  • rose headbands (I love what they come up with for bridal, and this is honestly their best design yet.);
  • chocolate blouses instead of basic white and black for a downplayed, romantic style, with a great impact on pastels or dusty pastels;
  • straw hats marries the straw bonnet this spring for a new, classical take on the usual summer boater;
  • they've revived the 'bodice' piece, this time in a charming soft black to do a princessly forest girl rendition of Snow White, and again in a very opulent pink-and-white patterned stomacher, I believe;
  • medieval/Rococo flowing princess sleeves are back in style;
  • tiaras are also back in; not the simple rhinestone kind, but a heavier, ornate style, most likely styled like roses or other flowers.
I am just blown away by the outfits they're showing for spring. The princess aesthetic and sweet whimsy is just everything I think we dream about in a sweet lolita style. While they're still following the usual spring trends such as country-inspired and princess-style (usually popping out in the warm weather), they've completely revamped them. For example: As a show piece, they also included the most gorgeous princess Rococo fan I have ever seen, in all white with ruffles and a white satin bow. They most likely won't sell these, but I'm tempted to try and duplicate the idea.

If I had to pick a theme for this show and perhaps their spring line in general, it would most certainly be fairytales. It seems Baby was interested in reinterpreting several western fairytale classics, with adorable interpretations of Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, 'the twins' (a take-off on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum), Aurora and Snow White. The style they are producing is definitely sweet lolita, but it seems that rather than compete with Angelic Pretty for the next it-print and over-the-top style, they've decided to do their own over-the-top - princess opulence previously only seen in Triple Fortune bonnets and some high-end Gothic brands. These outfits may have been souped up for the runway compared to what you'll find on shelves, but the overall feel is clear: a natural, elegant, and dainty fairytale approach. They seem to have re-evolved Baby into a fresh look at sweet lolita for girls who want complete beauty and fairytales, rather than super sugar and slightly tacky. 


If you want to give your music player a little sweet lolita style, here's some titles I've heard played in this and other Baby shows:

Alice in Wonderland's In a World of My Own (Disney [original])
House Disney's Part of that World (Disney)
Ayumi Hamasaki's Some Day My Prince Will Come (non-related video) (Disney)
House Disney's A Whole New World (Disney)

I can't wait to see this princessly BABY style hit the streets (or the webshop, for that matter!)

xoxo,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home