This Page

has been moved to new address

Spring at Petit Trianon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Spring at Petit Trianon

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring at Petit Trianon

In lolita fashion, plenty of historical and whimsical themes float to the surface, inspiring us to new concepts and ideas. My current favorite theme is what I've dubbed 'Spring at Petit Trianon', a country-lolita-meets-mori-girl fantasy inspired by white dresses, natural trailing curls, and unsurprisingly for those who've seen Angelic Pretty's newest print, sheep. My current thoughts look something like this...


{Aristocratic Maiden (check out her awesome blog if you're not already a fan!; Tess D'ubervilles screenshot; Marie Antoinette screenshot}

I admit I have a thing for sheep. Where I live, there is a small patch of scrubby earth, muddy and pebbled, with a mossy little brook, and in the spring, oodles of lambs are born there. There are small and scruffy and sometimes, just because it's forbidden, poke their heads through the wire fence to eat weeds on the other side. These sheep, belonging to a local man, do not have their tails docked, and therefore have long curly tails that look just a little ridiculous. I'm also a pretty country girl, and have spent many a time at our county fair in the petting zoo with the little things.

Whenever I think up a theme, I try to have a little 'checklist' to make the look work. For Spring at Petit Trianon, try some of these fashion ideas...
  • a bold, historically themed bonnet or arching straw hat, lavishly decorated with lace
  • or like the photo above, embroider a pretty kerchief to handle long hair
  • long white lace gloves - to protect your arms from the sun!
  • sleeping on pin-curls for bunchy, sheepy curls, or for long, loose waves without heat damage
  • ruffly, over-the-top parasols covered in layers of frills
  • straw baskets DIYed with lace and trailing ribbons
  • anything from Seraphim
  • adding a silk scarf as a sash to a pure white dress
  • white roses and daisies as hair corsages
  • white-on-white embroidery, especially on soft white bloomers
What's your theme for spring? Do you like to choose something seasonal, or something new every year? I can't wait for summer next - nauticals, sailor dresses, and mermaids, my favorite!

xoxo,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home