This Page

has been moved to new address

Victoria Suzanne Does Goth... er... sort of!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Victoria Suzanne Does Goth... er... sort of!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Victoria Suzanne Does Goth... er... sort of!

Since my wonderful director of Loligirls, Kate, and our producer, Liz, came by for a little tea meeting today, I decided to wear my new dress, Putumayo's window print. This is certainly my gothiest dress, and I'm not very used to wearing black and white. Unfortunately this is as Gothic as I get:

Somehow I still end up looking like a 12-year-old cupcake!

Both the bow and deco-style bear cardigan are from Forever 21's feminine, Coco-Chanel-style line twenty one. I get all kinds of cute things there. This bow is one of the craziest, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It is absolutely giant and made of grey silk, giving it a loose and floppy appearance. It's very Victorian to me - there are photos with my grandmother as a child in a similar bow, and Sara Crewe and her friends wear more satellite bows in the 90s version of A Little Princess, a childhood favorite. I mean, this thing gets cable, seriously.

I bought this on my first trip to Tokyo Rebel in New York City's East Village a week or two ago. I'd just like to reiterate that Tokyo Rebel continues to amaze me with their fantastic customer service. When I mentioned in a retweet that I loved this dress, they offered to hold one for me. Good thing too - it was the last one when I arrived! While I was there, they even remembered what I had ordered on my last shopping service with them and asked how I liked it! I was then even more surprised to get a special package from them - a Gothic & Lolita Bible poster, free of charge! The lolita on it is wearing a huge blonde hair bow like Lady Gaga, my idol, very cool!

I really hope we see them continue to expand into a little jewel box of Lolita fashion for New York City. Though still small and fledgling, they have the opportunity to offer us a niche into Japanese brands and shopping that we may not have had before. From them I have had my first Victorian Maiden item as well as my first Putumayo item.

Here's a close-up of the print, by the way. I only noticed the crosses afterwards, something I usually avoid, but I think the kitties make up for it ;) I fell in love with it after I saw Misako Aoki modeling it!

Hers is in pink broad cloth I believe, but my mine is black velvet with a fully shirred bust white silk waist ties. It's actually a little big on me, making the cardigan slightly lumpy... But I love the velveteen bear and the kitties together!

Outfit credits:
Dress: Putumayo
Cardigan, bow: Forever21
Striped tights, shoes: Kohl's

Labels:

19 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Bunnymonster said...

Beautiful print! And your bow is TO DIE FOR <3

 
At January 12, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Ally said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Ribbonlicious said...

Very beautiful, I like it! ^-^

 
At January 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE D:

 
At January 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I love the big ringlets on your hair, how did you get them to stay that way?

 
At January 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gothic kitty print? OMG WANT.

Cute coord! :)

 
At January 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@lolitahime: I was thinking of doing a tutorial, it's very easy!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look really nice in black, I love how it contrasts with your hair!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM , Blogger caro-chan said...

I love that print! XD It's the perfect amount of Gothic for a Sweet Lolita like you! I've been lusting after the pink/black version for so long.

I still haven't had the chance to go to Tokyo Rebel in NYC! I just might have to make a day trip of it when the weather gets a bit less cold!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Caro-chan: thanks so much! you should really go, it's quite fun :) and there is a really good ramen shop down in Mark's Place or St. Mark's place nearby if you're going! I should do a tour of Alphabet City video or something for girls going to visit :)

 
At January 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger maya said...

I love your blog! heehee. I like how you coordinated this outfit... Pure goth loli isn't on trend, but this is a really nice blend of the current sugar rush with some tasteful influences. :)

Also: Twitter informed me... I like the new header, and how it has you in it--cause after all, it's your blog, amirite? I think that having the lolita art was cute, though... but the pink roses def. push this one to the Better side of the scale. hahaha... too detailed? Anyway, it's all adorable. :)

 
At January 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Maya: The illustration was actually of me when I had blue, pink, purple and blonde in my hair! But I thought the photos were a little more updated & clean cut :)

 
At January 14, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Lady Weaver said...

You look so lovely! (and I like your new header!)

Haha, I discovered Forever 21 the other day and about died from happiness.

You make me want cupcake pink hair.

 
At January 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Melody said...

I love your new banner/page look!

 
At January 15, 2010 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the bow ^_^

 
At January 17, 2010 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Mykki said...

Even though it's black, the whole coordinate still looks very sweet to me. I like it though, it's a lovely print.

 
At January 20, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, love the print! I just don't think the white vest and the bow really match with it. Sorry

 
At March 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Harley said...

I think it matches gorgeously!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 1:10 AM , Blogger £@dy Dark§unMoon said...

Misako Aoki, that evil temptress! I don't know how much clothes I bought because I thought that if they looked good on her, they would on me as well!

Forever21 just opened recently here, in Montreal. I guess I should give them a visit and check out their accessories, now?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home