This Page

has been moved to new address

Hats Off To You!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Hats Off To You!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Hats Off To You!



Every summer, I start to fret about hats. I have very fair skin and shouldn't be out in the sun, medically speaking, so I take the Victorian ideal of sun protection to heart. Last August I wrote 'A Guide to Summer Hats', which had a few links and examples of summer hats. At the bottom, I added a small word on DIY hats. Now that I need to be prepared for spring vacations (I have two retreats to the Southern countryside planned soon - one to a family plantation, another to Kiawah Island!) I got on that.

I found this hat while cleaning out my closet this morning. I wore this to my aunt and uncle's 60th anniversary party when I was nine, because I told my mother I wanted a 'Victorian steamboat' look! (Little Lolitas are precocious, huh?) This was the hat we found - for about $10 at a department store. It's actually pretty classical by itself, isn't it? But I'm more interested in the flashier side of Lolita these days, so I added that inspiration and a little himegyaru for good measure.

There is a rose comb I made from false, velour-like flowers. It hasn't been glued to the hat, just stuck in with the combs, so it's still separately wearable. Then using some self-adhesive round rhinestones, I added little rhinestone accents to the petals. They kind of look like pink dewdrops, don't they?

And then there is a bow that fell off a Claire's headband. The rhinestones are already added, so I just tacked it on with some hot glue. This whole endevor probably took me a whopping twenty minutes. Sticking on the rhinestones was the most time-consuming thing, really.

What do you think? Try it out for yourself!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 2, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so funny, i was just reading something about DIY hats on another lolita blog (La Carmina). i think its a sign that i need to fix up some hats! hope i can get away with full-size ones w/lolita as i don't like mini-hats much.

 
At March 2, 2009 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you be so awesome bb?

 
At March 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also has a straw flower hat. We should have a riverboat party (wut)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home