This Page

has been moved to new address

December Style Tips

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: December Style Tips

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Style Tips


  • Get a box of paper whites and start growing the little bulbs inside. It's pleasant to watch them grow, and they remind of both spring and snow.
  • If you don't have a cellphone strap hook to put all those adorable straps, consider looping them on the handle of your bag. I recently put a brown Swarovski decorated bear on my Candies purse, which adds a little cute interest.
  • If you haven't got them already, get some gloves! Colored leather is pretty, but soft, thick ones are also pleasant to pull on before letting your hands get raw in the cold.
  • Speaking of raw, pick a hand cream to use this winter in your favorite scent. Preferably with some kind of built-in anti-bacterial to keep your from getting sick. I like my hand creams with lavender, because lavender always reminds of lavender ice cream, a local flavor.
  • Learn the art of camping out. Whether you find yourself with spare time at school, work the airport, or a waiting room, learn how to get comfortable for the long haul. Some essentials include: a delicious munchable snack; a music device and set of headphones; a book; and a lounging position.
  • For melancholy, otherworldly stories of romance, try reading A Collection of Beauties at the Height of Their Popularity by Whitney Otto.
  • If inspired, begin writing your own pillow book in the style of Sei Shounagon. You can read her original work here.
  • Wear a nude lip with a layer of clear gloss for a dewy, chilled look. Cover the lips with lip primer (I like Aromaleigh's, suitable for both lips and eyes) and then add a product like MAC's Lipglass.
  • Switch holiday ornaments. If you always get a real tree, get one made of metal and tinsel or in human colors. Or if you usually go for more avant-guard styles of, say menorahs, switch back to something traditional. This is the first year I decided to get an artificial tree - pink, of course.
  • Spend too much time at the mall, enjoying fairy lights and things that glitter.
  • Wear silver jewelry this month until the day of the winter solstice, then use the holiday to triumphantly wear gold and remember that spring is, in fact, coming.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At December 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Hello Naka said...

reading these made me smile ^^

 
At December 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Leaa said...

Yes I love these monthly things! Though... what is a pillow book? I mean; I read the wiki, but isn't it just like a diary? or..?

 
At December 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas tree. *_* Can I ask where you got that sparkle brush for Photoshop?

 
At December 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, there are only snippets and excerpts of Sei Shonagon's pillow book from that link. Now I must hunt out the book, because I am hooked.

@Leaa: A diary, a book of observations, a book of lists, but done poetically and having a certain alluring flair in the writing that makes it beautiful. The Princess Portal was more essayistic and objective in approaching inspiration, while The Lost Princess blog can possibly work as an example of a digital "pillow book."

 
At December 1, 2009 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Violet LeBeaux said...

I always love your monthly style tips ^_^

 
At December 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Noel'sLife said...

very nice to read this and take my mind off finals.

 
At December 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Leaa said...

@Katarina: aaah thank you! ;D

 
At December 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Naka: I'm glad :)

@Belinda: Almost all of my brushes are from hanako_lovely on Livejournal!

@Katarina: thanks for the great explaination! perfect :)

@Violet LeBeaux: thanks doll!

@Noel'sLife.me: ahh finals for me too soon! good luck :)

 
At December 3, 2009 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Natalia L. said...

I really wanted a pink tree.., but no pink trees where I live.. >.<

 
At December 4, 2009 at 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet, and what a beautiful pink tree~!

 
At December 5, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Victoria Suzanne: Thank you so much! Lots of cute Photoshop resources there. *_*

 
At December 7, 2009 at 1:30 AM , Blogger maya said...

umm... I just wanted to say that I just found this blog and it is everything I have ever wanted--with actual content as opposed to the endless sales and picture posts of the lj communities I've had to frequent to get my lolita fix! haha... thank you for this! if you need to put ads on to support your blog, I for one would not mind a bit... (and the positive attitude posts are really helpful for this natural pessimist ^^)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home