This Page

has been moved to new address

Love-in-a-Mist

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: Love-in-a-Mist

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Love-in-a-Mist

Today I visited a small town on the sound today and ended up finding a few treasures at a tiny flea-market. The flea-market was tucked away into the back garden of a shabby-chic style cottage, and I confess that I wanted everything there - from crown-shaped gold wall hooks to the rough-painted pink vintage kitchen table. The two pretties I did find?



This Alice in Wonderland plate with the original engraving illustration was only $5 - and this vintage snowdrop cap was only $10! The petals are studded with old-fashioned, chunky rhinestones - some of them smoky with age - and the leaves are real velvet. I'm not sure what to wear it with yet, but it was far too fairy-like to pass up!



I'm not sure yet if I need to embellish it more - a white cage veil? A few millinery roses or perhaps a spritz of German glass glitter?


They were also selling beautiful dried flowers. This sofa on their front porch was actually an antique crib with the front off, and a cushion on the wire frame. Something about shabby-chic or romantic farmhouse style just seems so perfect to me - whimsical and delicate, but also comfortable and smelling of sweet dust, like your grandmother's house.


Nigella pods - 'love-in-a-mist', also boasting a myriad of other romantic names like puzzle-love and love-in-a-tangle - and a local favorite, and dried lavender from the nearby northern lavender fields.

Outfit Rundown:

Dress, hairbow: Metamorphose
Blouse: Forever 21
Sash: a shimmery deep teal scarf lent from my favorite aunt

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Cateaclysmic said...

What a pretty plate, such a great find xoxo

 
At August 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger MacaronTea said...

Lucky find! Shops like that are so fun. :-)

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Martha said...

I love that cap! Vintage millinery ftw ♥

 
At August 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM , Blogger ❤ Kakao ❤ said...

Just lovely <3

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Lavender and Twill said...

That hat is delightful ~ I can't wait to see it on you. >w<

xox,
b. of Depict This!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Blogger PetiteTomoyo said...

I just wanted to say that I really like the dress you are wearing. ~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home