This Page

has been moved to new address

The Fairy Court

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lolita Charm: The Fairy Court

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Fairy Court


A few of the first photos from Sunday have been released! This was one of my favorites - I spotted a dragonfly in the pondweed.

Sunday was the first photoshoot for the Lolita Girls (working title) Documentary by Kate Slomkowski. Kate has an interest in lolita fashion peaked by her cousin, Miss Julia - and is also a professional documentary maker. She recently approached us, the Court, about filming us. Currently the rough draft for the documentary seems to follow a series of interviews, watching the Court in its natural habitat, and culminating at our project of the Connecticon lolita fashion show (the biggest lolita fashion production in New England). This documentary, we believe, is the first of its kind outside of Japan.

This documentary is going to be an average of ten minutes long; however, there is the possibility of submitting it to a few film festivals and looking for the backing required to fund a half-hour documentary. That would really be quite something!

We had already met with Kate informally for short, unfilmed interviews; but today we planned for a Midsummer Night Dream themed photoshoot, reality television style filming, and some one-on-one interviews about our lolita philosophies and ideals.

I got there quite early (and had to get up before six to curl my hair and apply my makeup!) and then did last-minute touch ups with Miss Lumpy and Miss Julia before the shoot (and play with Miss Molly, their beautiful long-haired calico!). Then we had individual microphones pinned under our petticoats and taped to the insides of our dresses, so that the camera crews would not miss a word between us! During the day we were being filmed by two cameras, and we also had a wonderful professional photographer. He was excellent at direction and even asked for our input or ideas for the locations! We used several different settings, including a pond, a 'magic orchard', a picnic, and a brook. To get around the 24 acres of the location we had a few wild rides on the golf cart!

It was one of the best shoots I have ever been on. Direction was excellent, the prepared backdrops were wonderful, and it wasn't at all cold (somehow, every shoot I have been on was bone-numbingly cold for the models).

I'll continue to post about the documentary as it progresses, from my point of view as one of the main subjects. But you can also read the director's blog and view her Flickr (with a few more shots from Sunday)! There is also the tiny video I shot on location.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

What a charming picture, with lovely hair. I hope the documentary makes its way online when it's finished.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:20 PM , Anonymous Allison said...

"I hope the documentary makes its way online when it's finished."

Seconded! I'd love to watch it. <3

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the two comments above made me wodner: Do you think we could have it shown at a convention or something? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM , Anonymous Julia said...

I'm so excited. I love the pictures of you two.

Also, did you clear this with Kate? She might only want certain info leaked. I don't know, I'm just assuming.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Victoria Suzanne said...

@Julia: I did not, but the photos and info were all on her website except for the part I wrote from experience... so I think it's ok. If not I can edit it.

@Everyone else: yes, I think it will go up on the internet eventually, but I'm not query to that information.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 5:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really hope it will be posted on internet after showing in contest/events etc etc

 
At June 26, 2009 at 4:59 AM , Anonymous Allison said...

Also. I love the red cape! :D Where is it from? (Or did Julia(?) make it herself?...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home